Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A picture is worth a thousand words


Marianne and I went kayaking over on the North shore on Sunday. We had just received a new underwater digital camera in the mail and I was anxious to try it out.

We paddled in Wameia bay and jumped out of the boat to do some snorkeling. After a minute or two I looked at the camera which was hanging around my wrist and to my shock and horror the battery compartment door was swinging open. I had apparently forgot to "lock" it closed. Camera full of salt water, battery shorted, $200 down the drain. @%$^^@! Oh well, it was a beautiful Hawaiian day, the sun was out, the water clear, I decided to just forget about it and enjoy myself.

We get back in the boat and paddle into the middle of the bay and are immediately surrounded by spinner dolphins. Probably about 40 or so in groups of 4-8. They are literally within arms reach of our kayak. We had heard that they come there occasionally but had never seen them before. We got into the water and were swimming alongside them with their baby's, watching them jump and listening to their calls. They sound like a dentists drill under water. It was one of those moments you never forget.....especially if you have..some.....great......PICTURES!!!! When we got home we immediately ordered a new camera.

Here is a picture of them that I found on the web
posted by Marianne and Bryant at 6:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home