Saturday, June 07, 2008

Recent happenings







Marianne and I have been making the most of our nice Summer weather recently. A few weeks ago I did the State time trials in the morning, had a delicious dinner at Ed and Heidi's house overlooking Hawaii Kai that evening, then the next morning we went Mountain biking in Waimanalo with our our friends Roberto, Cindi, Ed, and Heidi. Ed showed us some great trails and also let me ride his Scott uber rig MTB. This full suspension bike weighs less then any of my road bikes and really opened my eyes to how far the technology has come. I wanted to get some pics on the trail but Ed, Roberto and I were hammering to much to pull out a camera. Sadly Roberto was flying out to Europe the next morning in preparation for his and Cindi's move to Belgium this summer. Roberto is a good friend and I will miss his wheel and amazing cooking skills.

The other big news is that I found someone crazy enough to hire me for a job. They expanded the scope of the Health and Wellness center on Hickam AFB and renamed it the Human Performance And Rehabilitation Center, or HPARC. Jason, the Exercise Physiologist who runs the place needed someone to lead group workouts for the physical training failures and perform other duties like using the gait analysis, and bod pod machines to set baselines and track progress. The idea is to get people who are injured or having problems passing PT healthy and in shape. I needed a job like a hole in the head, but Jason's pitch to me was " I'm hiring you because of your fitness knowledge and to provide a role model of how to stay in shape, so if you need longer lunches or whatever to work out that's cool." ...... How could I say no? I went to the grand opening last Monday and start work on the 16th.


Labels: , ,

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 4:03 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Natalie said...

It's about time you got a job, slacker.

6/07/2008 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home