Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Full Weekend





Saturday morning was the Ford Island bridge run. This bridge crosses Pearl Harbor over to the old Navy airfield that got plastered in the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. I parked on Hickam and jogged about three miles over to the start. My legs felt pretty busted up from a hard training week but when I was pushing my way up to the starting line I saw a lot of friends and training partners and had fun shooting the bull with everyone so I forgot all about it. The race went well. Not my best time but I gave it all I had. I placed 22 out of 2200. I'm no math genius but I think that's top 1%. ha! I was second in my age group but left before the awards. I heard I won a nice koa wood bowl. I have to see if I can pick it up this week. That afternoon I bought a new paddle for my newest obsession, stand up paddle boarding. I bought one a few weeks ago and love it.
I found a race at the end of April that's a 800 meter swim, 5K run and 2 mile paddle. I'm in!

Labels: ,

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 10:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home