Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Alternative transportation




This is my main mode of transportation these days. We chose were to live very carefully so as to minimize driving. The cars mostly sit in the garage all week which is fine with me. This place has too many cars anyway. I've made some very interesting observations though. People aren't sure how to treat you when you ride up on a bike here. Your obviously poor or crazy, probably both, and should be avoided, scorned or felt sorry for. I revel in the car challenged prejudice. It's amazing how peoples identities are wrapped around their idiotic cars. My second observation is that if you are god forbid walking somewhere, you must display your socioconomic status by talking on your cell phone while listening to your I pod. Even better is to have a remote earpiece for your phone so you can look like your talking to yourself. I often wonder, who the hell are these people talking to!??? I'm done drinking the kool aid that society feeds us, ie I don't want the newest piece of electronic junk or the flashiest auto. I can always use another bike though.


posted by Marianne and Bryant at 5:57 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Natalie said...

Damn, Bryant. Having a bad day?

12/07/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home