Monday, March 12, 2007

Ford Island, Pearl Harbor, Triathlon training



I haven't been posting anything lately because of the fact that we haven't been doing much.
Marianne and I did ride over to Ford Island yesterday before my long run and I showed her this giant banyan tree out there. They just opened an aviation museum also which we want to get to soon.
I've been on a mission for the last 3 weeks to get super consistant with my training and yesterday marked the end of a tough 3 week cycle. I have all the time I could want this year and am determined to make the most of it. My limiting factor in the past has not been the time to train but the time to recover, ie naps, sitting around and eating right. This allows for a quality workout the next day and the day after that and so on. I'm happy to report that it went well and I managed to hold it together with out one of my "crashing on the couch for three days while pigging out trying to recover " episodes. Out of 47 workouts I had scheduled for the last 3 weeks, I only skipped 5. Three of these were the gym which is the hardest to make myself do. I don't chase after miles while I'm training, I just stick to the program I'm following, but out of curiosity I added up the last 21 days.
Swim 8 hours----12.5 miles
Bike 27.5 hours----469 miles
Run 13,5 hours---106.2 miles
Weights 4 hours
So that works out to about 17.5 hours a week which is just right. We'll see if all this translates into faster racing this year. Now I have a recovery week coming up. Time to let all that good work soak in.

Labels: ,

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 10:36 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Buz said...

When is the big race??

3/12/2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger Buz said...

And your right, that is a giant tree.

3/12/2007 8:32 PM  
Blogger Jebediah said...

I'm jealous

3/13/2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger KevinandSpring said...

We miss you guys and Hawaii. Congrats on Major Marianne, and Bryant hope you kick some ass in the up coming races.

Hope to cross paths soon.

Spring & Kevin

3/14/2007 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one big friggen TREE!

kristy

3/17/2007 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home