Monday, April 27, 2009

Paddleboarding , Tandem riding, unexpected cetacean







Saturday night we went to John's 40th B day party which was held as a "funeral" with his last will and testament and eulogy read. Everyone wore black mourning clothes and had a good time ripping on John. Sunday we woke up early AGAIN, and rode down to the North Shore for the Haleiwa metric century ride. We had borrowed our good friends Russ and Shannon's super high speed tandem. This is not your grandfathers bicycle built for two. After a few practice rides we felt we were ready for it. They say it can be a marriage maker or breaker. I'm happy to report we did fine. Marianne had total trust in my bike handling, (poor girl) and was always manning the engine room when I called back for " more power Scotty!" We were able to maintain 25-26 miles an hour on the flats with a few 30mph bursts for the first 30 miles. We decided to take it easy on the way back but still ended up hammering most of the way. This may be our next bike purchase.

So one more thing to report. I get to work this morning and notice it's just a gorgeous day. Sunny and totally calm. So I took the morning off and went paddleboarding once again. I'm about a mile and a half offshore and it's dead quiet when I look out in the main channel about fifty yards away and a WHALE breaches. After checking my pants for shit I watch it dive back under not to be seen again. Unbelievable.
posted by Marianne and Bryant at 11:10 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Buz said...

That tandem looks cool…and it sounds like you can keep up or go faster than a single person bike…pretty sure Kristine and I won’t be testing our marriage one of those…we didn’t do well with the kayaks

Also you didn’t happen to get any pictures of the whale did you? Ha ha ha I guess you can count that as a once in a lifetime experience.

5/03/2009 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home