Monday, April 30, 2007

Gardens, Century rides and Team Time Trial Champions





















Geez, a long time since my last post ay? Two weeks ago was the Hawaii State team time trial championships. I rode on a mixed team with Jesse, Kristy and Scott from the HACC. It was so much fun (and painful) and we won the mixed team division. Just as cool was that we placed 5th overall.

This past Saturday Jesse, Kristy and our friend from Italy Roberto, rode around the island. It was the first time I had done it and it went fine. About 106 miles in 6 1/2 hours with a couple stops for water and a coffee. Jesse and I knocked out a fast paced 20 minute run immediately afterwards and I felt great so I know the training is coming along well.

My vegetable garden is really taking off. We've been eating string beans, mixed lettuce, arugula and tomatoes. I'd like to dig up the whole back yard for a garden patch but our landlord probably wouldn't appreciate that.
posted by Marianne and Bryant at 10:17 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Jebediah said...

You drug Roberto around the island behind 2 TT bikes? Man, that's mean.

5/03/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Buz said...

I never thought I would say I miss fresh veggies but the only thing here that is half good is the apples. Damn, I'm jealous.

5/04/2007 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home