Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tantalus TT















Haven't posted for awhile because of a lack of anything worth putting up combined with forgetting the camera lately. Marianne just returned from an all expense paid trip to Las Vegas under the guise of some kind of "medical conference" Her friend and coworker Lisa who is now in San Antonio flew in to visit her and they had a great time. They went to the Circ de Soleil and sampled some of sin city's nightlife.

I've just been training, eating and sleeping the last week and a half. I did do the Tantalus hillclimb time trial last Sunday with the HACC. It's a timed 4.5 mile steep climb above Honolulu. I trained through it and still did fairly well with a 16th place overall and 3rd place in the old guy category. Our friends Jesse and Kristy both did great. Kristy dominated the womans category coming within 15 seconds of the record and beating my time by 10 seconds. Ouch! Kristy and I had been smack talking the previous week because we knew we're very close in our climbing abilities. She let her legs do the talking on race day. (I'm not worthy!) Jesse also won his category with a 4th place overall. Afterwards we went out for an 80 minute run. They invited me over for dinner that night before I picked up Marianne at the airport so I was well fed when she got in. Thanks guys.

Labels: , ,

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 9:34 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Natalie said...

Is Tantalus where you go up to the "Pali Lookout?" My aunt took me up there when I visited her in '89.
I went back the next year and summited Haleakala....by car!!
Nat

4/05/2007 1:04 AM  
Blogger Buz said...

I wish I had the time

4/06/2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home