Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fragrant Hawaii






















Riding around on base I had noticed these tree's in base housing which were blooming like crazy and snowing yellow flowers. So we went back and took these pics. That's the old Hickam water tower in the background. This is the most beautifuly landscaped base I've ever seen and all the buildings and Hangers are built in the art-deco style which I love. I guess after the attack on Pearl Harbor a lot of money flowed in over the years to preserve the original look of the place.

The perfect end to the morning occured when we were driving over a little overpass on base to get out the front gate. I saw my favorite black Ironman running hat lying in the middle of the road! I left it in the back of the truck yesterday and figured it had blown out on the highway and was gone forever. Bonus! Marianne risked her life by running into traffic to get it. You go Baby! Had to wash a days worth of tire marks and 3 months of sweat out of it but it's saved.

Labels:

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 7:29 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home