Saturday, September 08, 2007

Alaska part 2






I'm up here in Anchorage again helping Jesse and Kristy move into their new place and riding my mountain bike every day on some of the most awesome trails I've ever seen.


The day before I left Marianne and I did the Dick Evans around the island bike race which is 112 miles. It went well except I crashed and then killed myself chasing back to the pack. I've never been in a race with so many crashes, not sure what the root cause was. Probably to many riders ( 200) of varying abilities riding together. I still managed an 18th place finish and Marianne finished strong which enabled the HACC to finish 3rd in the team competition.


So with my loss of skin on my left hip and leg Jesse and I started doing more mountain biking then I've done in years. Kristy and I did a cyclocross race on Wednesday night. It was my first and I had a great time although not a great finish. Thursday I went down hard and scraped a bunch of skin off my right hip so now at least I'm symetrical., then yesterday flying down a hill we spotted 3 moose laying right next to the trail. Jesse shot by them but I saw them in time to stop, ( I thought) instead I wiped out again about 10 feet from a moose the size of a truck. It just watched me pick myself up and hurriedly leave the area. We had just been talking about how moose kill people every year up here and after seeing how huge they are I believe it. Of course I didn't have my camera so no pictures. My mission is to take get some photo's of them while i'm here.
posted by Marianne and Bryant at 1:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home