Monday, January 28, 2008

Return to Kunsan












Marianne here:
I had the opportunity to return to my old stomping grounds at Kunsan AB, South Korea. The Medical Group at Kunsan needed a nurse to cover. I volunteered. Funny, I volunteered the first time I was sent to Kunsan also. :) Of course, the worst part was not being with Bryant, but otherwise, it was a blast. As you can see from the pictures, I arrived during the first snow storm of the winter. It had not snowed that much at once in six years. I think I was one of the few people who got out in the snow, right away. Being from Tucson, I thought the snow was fun and exciting, while others were grumbling and complaining. I have a picture here of the Korean GS nurse, Ms. Yi, I shared an office with. She and I became fast friends. We had similar work ethics, and she enjoyed listening to my, "No, you're okay, just gargle with salt water triage technique." :) She spoke of wanting to bring her family to Hawaii. I hope she does while Bryant and I are here. I have included a picture of the Lake I would ride around in Kunsan City. The infastructure has been built up. There was no bridge across, but the little shops are the same. I also included a picture of the bike shop I used for repairs. I was so proud of myself that I remembered how to get there. Overall, I found some things were new about Kunsan, but mostly things had remained unchanged.



posted by Marianne and Bryant at 5:03 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Buz said...

Marianne,
I was just wondering if your friends work ethic was like Pauls...Ha ha ha

Buz

2/03/2008 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home