Sunday, October 19, 2008

Post race fun











After I finished we went back to the condo to shower and grab a bite. Then for the first time ever we went back to the finish line for the action between 8 and midnight. It really is an emotional experience watching people who have been out there for 15,16,17 hours come running in out of the darkness, into the glare of the spotlights and the screaming of the crowds. The joy really shows on their face. Sunday we did a little snorkeling then went to the awards banquet that evening. Unfortunatly it started raining and just wouldn't quit so we left after a few hours.


Tuesday we went deep sea fishing. I was hoping to hook a giant marlin but no luck there. I did catch a nice mahi mahi which took me about 10-15 minutes to land on some light tackle so at least I didn't get skunked. The boat captains father owns a mexican restaurant on Alii drive so he dropped my fish off that day and we went and ate it as fish tacos that evening. It always amazes me how long I point my whole life in the direction of getting to this race and how quickly it's over. But as always it was totally worth the sacrifice's and I'll have many wonderful memories of Kona '08 the rest of my life.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 10:56 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Bryant on an excellent race.

Bennie

10/19/2008 11:21 PM  
Blogger Eric and Rose said...

Congrats...amazing as always.

10/20/2008 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock Bryant, you did so awesome, keep up the great work. Will you eat some bon-bons and drink some wine for me you are getting way to fit. I miss riding with you in Hawaii. Can't wait to see you guys again.
I am in Fl for AF training, so I am getting my beach fix.

Come visit Tucson
Spring

10/23/2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger Maggs said...

Nice meeting you on the run course. I heard you did Maui too? Awesome. That looks like a killer course.

10/28/2008 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home