Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Honu Half Ironman








So with little to no training under my belt we flew to the Big island for the Honu Half ironman two weeks ago. I didn't expect any great performance and was hoping it wasn't going to turn into a death march for me. Lo and behold I had a great race, going the same time as last year ( 4:49) with a slightly harder run course. The run was stinking hot like always, but I usually race well in heat while others just cook off. I had made the decision not to do Kona this year but I didn't think I'd REALLY have to make the decision. I stuck to my guns and turned down my slot which is gut wrenching for me. Part of it was just not feeling like having to train up for it this year. Laziness I suppose. It was nice seeing all our friends and training partners. Maybe come over from the mainland next year and do it again?

Labels: , ,

posted by Marianne and Bryant at 10:26 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Buz said...

Congrats, it's aways nice when you finish well...

6/16/2009 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home